The compartment does not have French ISR certification
- Fund eligible for PEA accounts
- Generate capital growth over the long term (minimum 5 years)
- Generate better long-term performance than the main euro-denominated European indices of small and mid-sized companies
- Responsible and sustainable investment (positive impact)
- European small and mid cap companies (less than €20 billion at time of purchase) that take a proactive approach to managing ESG issues
- Minimum 92% investment in equities from Council of Europe countries
- Minimum 75% investment in equities from European Economic Area countries (PEA)
- by Ethos on the basis of their extra-financial criteria; companies identified as a Leader, Strong Performer or Challenger in ESG terms and with a positive impact
- by Clartan Associés on Quality & Value criteria; companies with sustainable competitive advantages trading at a discount to their long-term values
After starting in fundamental financial analysis for investors, working with Professor Bertrand Jacquillat at the firm Associés en Finance, I was recruited as an investor by the Allianz group. I soon realised that the constraints involved with this type of structure were not compatible with my own vision of investment. By way of contrast, at Clartan Associés I found a client oriented basic management culture and a continuous searching for product excellence. What is more, I also found that there is a real entrepreneurial spirit at the company, which is still being nurtured, and a company culture where the development of the company and the person go hand in hand.
Training: ESCP Europe / Diplom-Kaufmann (Technische Universität Berlin) / Training centre of the SFAF (French Society of Financial Analysts)
Languages: French, English, German
Having started my career with audit and consultancy group PwC, I moved into financial analysis with a well-known private bank in Geneva. I then moved into the world of investment banking in London at a Swiss equity broker, first as an analyst and then as Head of Sales. Having gained experience with a similar company, providing pan-European coverage, in London, I joined Clartan Associés in 2016 in order to strengthen the team at the Swiss subsidiary. Alongside my main professional activity, I teach company valuation at the University of Lausanne, as Course Leader in a Masters programme at HEC Lausanne.
The professionalism of the management team, the collegiate approach to the investment process and its human values all allow Clartan Associés to set itself apart as an investment manager.
Training: Masters in finance HEC Lausanne, CFA Charterholder, US Certified Public Accountant
Languages: French, German, English
I joined the ranks of Clartan Associés as an analyst in 2015 following a spell as an intern and my graduation in finance from Sciences Po Paris. My role in the firm is to assist the manager’s team in the scrutiny, valuation and monitoring of the companies that constitute our investment universe. More a craft than a science, valuation obeys principles rather than laws and as is a field of personal fulfillment, an endless quest for perfection. At Clartan Associés I appreciate the investment philosophy combining value investing with team work that limits individual bias. Furthermore, the firm applies rigor and discipline in its decision-making which augurs well for the future and motivates me to take part in its further growth.
Training : IEP de Paris
Languages : French, English, Bulgarian